4 axis MicroCNC milling machine
- Unit 23 of the BTEC Higher National: CAD/CAM
- Unit 40 of the BTEC National award in Engineering: Computer Aided Manufacturing
The 4 axis MicroCNC milling machine allows students to understand how G codes are used to control a CNC operated milling machine. The four stepper motors and DC motor connect to our CNC system controller hardware to allow full control of the miller using the G code file host software. Students can use the hardware and software to see how each G code command affects the machine operation and create complex work pieces from PU blocks or acrylic pieces.
- 4 axis CNC machine construction
- Simple G and M code protocol
- CNC machine operation using G codes
- Creation of milled and turned parts using CNC technology
Supplied as a kit which needs modest assembly.
You will also need: MicroCNC system controller and base plate.
Compatible software: Deskproto CAM software