Advanced fibre optic communications kit
This kit covers the experimental characterisation of all the major components of a fibre optic communications link.
- Suitable for courses in Optical Science and Photonics at undergraduate level and beyond
This kit covers the experimental characterisation of all the major components of a fibre optic communications link, (i.e. LED and laser diode transmitter, the optical fibre and the receiver) and then investigates and compares the limits imposed on overall LED and laser system performance by attenuation and dispersion.
- Source characterisation (LED & laser)
- Fibre attenuation & connector loss
- Receiver noise & sensitivity
- Attenuation limited link lengths
- Fibre dispersion (material & modal)
- Bandwith & Bit rate distance products (time & frequency domain)
- System comparison & design studies
Instruments, such as an oscilloscope, may be required. Please contact us for further information.