Automatics control add-on without MIAC
By following the curriculum included with pneumatics control add-on kit, students will learn how the combination of a controller and custom software can create powerful and flexible pneumatic systems.
The control add-on kit is intended to supplement the Automatics Essentials solution. Users can add their own 12V programmable controller to work with a selection of sensors and solenoid valves.
This allows students to investigate the power of using software to control real world hardware systems.
Potential learning objectives that then then be followed include:
- Reading sensors and switches
- Issuing commands to the pneumatic circuit
- Learning the difference between digital and analogue sensors
- Using flowcharts to visualise programs
- Program flow and decision making
- Programming sequences and loops
- Using feedback to enhance reliability