Bit error rate and eye diagrams kit
This extension kit allows the student to generate and evaluate eye diagrams and investigate the effects of noise, attenuation and dispersion on eye diagrams.
- Suitable for courses in Optical Science and Photonics at undergraduate level and beyond
This extension kit allows the generation and evaluation of eye diagrams and investigation of the effects of noise, attenuation and dispersion on eye diagrams and BER in LED and laser optical communication systems.
- Eye pattern characteristics and use as a qualitative diagnostic tool
- Bit-rate limits due to noise, attenuation and dispersion
- System BER response (LED and Laser) with fibre length and bit rate
- Rise time, pulse width and jitter measurements with fibre length and bit rate
- Q-factor and BER from noise amplitudes and signal histograms
- BER (COM) used with ED-COM and ED-WDM series
Instruments, such as an oscilloscope, may be required. Please contact us for further information.