This solution allows full characterisation of the gain and noise performance of one of the key components in long distance optical fibre communication systems, the erbium doped fibre amplifier.
- EDFA gain variation with signal & pump power
- Small & large single gains, gain saturation
- Transparency, gain gradient and gain efficiency
- Pump saturation and saturated output power
- Amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) levels
- ASE-ASE and Signal-ASE beat noise
- Output SNR and Noise Figure
- Impact of optical filter on ASE and noise levels
Instruments, such as an oscilloscope, may be required. Please contact us for further information.