- How to find the central gravity of shapes
- Shows the relationship between angles and coplanar forces
- Includes pulleys, weight hangers and weights, cord and rings and magnetic protractor
- Work panel and curriculum available separately
This kit includes a set of different plastic shapes which fit onto a work panel for experiments in centres of gravity of two-dimensional objects. It also includes pulleys, weights and a magnetic protractor for experiments in concurrent and non-concurrent coplanar forces and angles. The selection of pulleys and weights allows you to create force triangles, polygons and linked polygons. The guidance notes show how to analyse and predict forces using Bow's Notation and the parallelogram of forces. Worksheets, guidance notes and lecturer notes (with answers) needed for typical experiments are supplies with the work panel.
Essential base unit and kit must be ordered separately.
Learning objectives/experiments include:
- Centre of gravity
- Force triangles
- Force polygons and Bow's Notation
- Linked polygons (non-concurrent forces)