This solution investigates the operation and characteristics of one of the key instruments used by optical communications engineers, the Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) and examines how OTDR is used for probing and characterising optical networks, evaluation optical component response, as well as identifying and analysing faults in these networks.
- OTDR Operation, trace acquisition and analysis
- Loss mechanisms, event identifiction and location
- Line and component loss measurement
- Network configurations and component characterisation
- Uni and bi-directional investigation of multi-branched optical networks
- Fault identification, location and analysis
Instruments may be required. Please contact us for further information.
Also available as Optical network analysis kit (without OTDR). Order code: FP2350