Principles of lasers kit
This solution enables students to gain practical experience in the investigation of optical amplification and lasers.
- Suitable for courses in Optical Science and Photonics at undergraduate level and beyond
This solution allows detailed investigation of laser performance, output characteristics and dynamic response using a series of fibre ring lasers formed using an erbium doped fibre laser gain medium with feedback provided by various fused fibre couplers.
- EDF ring laser construction
- Measurement of power/pump characteristic
- Gain medium characterisation
- Slope efficiency and lasing threshold
- Effect of intra-cavity loss
- Influence of output transmission ratio
- Laser dynamics - relaxation, oscillations, exciation lifetime, laser onset time
Instruments may be required. Please contact us for further information.