Principles of optical waveguiding kit
This kit enables students to investigate the conditions under which optical waveguiding occurs in dielectric media.
- Suitable for courses in Optical Science and Photonics at undergraduate level and beyond
This kit investigates the conditions under which optical waveguiding occurs in dielectric media, and then explores how these fundamental principles are applied by examining mode propogation and characterising multimode and singlemode planar waveguides.
- Reflection and refraction
- Brewster's angle, critical angle and TIR
- Step and graded index waveguides
- Effective indices and index profile determination
- Snells' Law and Fresnel relationships
- Prism coupling and polarisation dependence
- Design of single mode waveguides
Instruments may be required. Please contact us for further information.
Optical waveguiding analysis software also available. Order code: FP7634