<sidebar>API Contents</sidebar> Finds a named object that is part of the component
- Object to search children of
- The default value for this parameter is: this
- Name of the child to search for
A handle to the child of Current whose name matches ChildName
This call will search the components owned and in scope for the non-case sensitive ChildName.
This call is unnecessary if 'this' is passed as Current and ChildName is a literal string. In this case it is more efficient to use the constant variable which will point to the child component.
Calling in a calculation
- Declare a variable 'result' of type HANDLE
- Add to a calculation icon:
result = ::Component.FindChild(current, "childname")
No additional examples