Flowcode installation

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

mbh_hassan

Flowcode installation

Post by mbh_hassan »

I tried to install formula flow code on windows vista, when i run the exe file ,it stops the installation and display fetal error "installation ended prematurely because of an error". please can you help me in this problem.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode installation

Post by Benj »

Hello

Download the latest version of Flowcode PIC from here. This should install ok on the Vista machine and contains all of the relevant formula flowcode software.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Downloa ... .php?id=53

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

If downloading the latest version does not help then please can you do the following.

create a shortcut to the exe installer by right clicking the file and selecting Send to -> Desktop.

Once you have done this find the shortcut and right click and select properties.

In the Target text box add the following to the end. "/log c:\log.txt"

You should have something like this in your target text box.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Flowcode_SP1.exe" "/log c:\log.txt"

Then click ok and try running the install via the shortcut you created. If the install is failing still then please attach a copy of the log.txt file that is created and we will be able to see what is going wrong with your installation.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

I also had a fatal error when installing on to PC with vista.

I got round problem by right clicking in install file, then selecting Run as administrator.

Installed 100% OK.