WiFi Card & GPS Card on same Motherboard

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Echow

Re: WiFi Card & GPS Card on same Motherboard

Post by Echow »

When I launch the new version on my Windows 7, everything works but when I try it on my laptop, the application doesn't start (in fact it appears in the task manager but nothing appears on the screen...) I try to enable/disable HID, it doesn't change anything !

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Echow,

I've reviewed the code and it looks like I made a mistake in the fix. Unfortunately this is difficult for us to test because we can't replicate the issue here.

The attached mLoader exe should solve the problem - please unzip it and use it to replace the one you downloaded before. Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Steve.
Attachments
mLoader.zip
mLoader fix for Echow
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 360 times

Echow

Post by Echow »

Hello, your fix works when HID are disabled, I've the same problem when it is enabled...

I have another question, I'd like to know how to plug my GPS card on the Ecio application board, I would like to put it on the B port. Which UART channel do I choose, which remap fotTX and RX, how do I place the two jumpers ? ^^

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Regarding the UART questions.

The E-block helper component in the Tools component category should help you with the jumper settings. If none of the pre-allocated settings work for you then you can use the Patch jumper position and use single core wire to bring across the signals to the specific pins you want to use.

The UART channel is up to you. The ECIO40P16 has 4 UARTs and it doesn't really matter which one you use as long as you use different channels and pins for the different components.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Echow,

The attached mLoader might be better. Can you please try this and let us know.

Thanks,
Steve,
Attachments
mLoader.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 368 times

Echow

Post by Echow »

Hello,

In fact you are helping me so much, and I'm really thankful cause I wouldn't be able to finish my project without your amazing advice !

E-Block Helper is perfect, I just don't understand how flowcode choose the PPS pin as I can't choose it in the option, only TX and RX. Is it automatic ? (Sorry is this question is stupid but I don't know anything about UART protocol)

Now I can see mLoader's window, but when I push the ECIo butto to launch the bootloader, mLoader doesn't see it. But I have the notification that there's a new peripheric connected to my laptop.

Regards,

Luc