board chip EB063

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

coffy

board chip EB063

Post by coffy »

hi,
This module works very well, see:
http://tsin.langevin-la-seyne.fr/SIN/magic-door.html
but the EB063 is relatively fragile, a student grilled me max 3002 on one of my modules, I'm looking for only the circuit without the wiz810 that it's intact.
Or buy this piece? (module without WIZ810)
Thank
bruno

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: board chip EB063

Post by Benj »

Hi Bruno,

We have found the EB063 works very well once it has been tuned and setup correctly. We were in fact amazed with the reliability and distance we could achieve. I walked to the local shops and back while maintaining communications.

However saying this the chip is very configurable to allow it to work in many different modes which means setting everything up correctly for your specific application is much more complicated then it should be. Just look at the datasheet for the RF module if you want to see just how complicated things get.

The MAX3002 can be misleading, adding a scope to one of the I/O is enough to stop the device working correctly. Adding a large resistor to the end of your scope probe seems to allow you to actually see the traces of the working system. If the chip is dead then is your board still under warranty? We may also be able to provide boards without modules for you, contact our sales team for a price.

Our examples from the Flowcode Wiki should be setup correctly and work well if your using Flowcode.