Flowcode 4

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Flowcode 4

Post by JohnCrow »

Your hard work has finally come to light then.
It looks fantastic. Had a quick play with the trial version. Will certainly be upgrading to a licence soon.

It seems to run ok under windows 7 except for the help files. (Winhlp32.exe is not supported in win 7) I believe microsoft will sort this once its released, as they did with vista, by releasing the upgraded exe file.

Q) Is the pro license for one pc or is one user able to install on both desktop and laptop provided only one system is in use at a time? This is for non commecial / home use?
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 4

Post by Benj »

Hello John

Great news about the Windows 7 support. I also did some testing on Windows 7 and had no problems.

The functionality for V4 will be the same as V3 where you can install onto your laptop as well as your main PC but you will not be able to run both versions at once.

mytekcontrols

Post by mytekcontrols »

Well I downloaded the V4 Demo and tried running the Graphical LCD 2 Channel Analog Scope simulation. Boy was it slow on my system (Pentium 4 -- 2.66Ghz, 1Gb RAM, XP Home Service Pack 3). CPU usage went up to 100% and stayed there the entire time that the simulation mode was active (did this even with some of the standard LCD examples).

Until I feel the need (and have the extra money) to upgrade my computer, upgrading to FlowCode V4 would be kinda disappointing. Although I do like the floating point math, but the virtual control panel simulation does appear to be rather sluggish, and would probably slow to a stand still trying to simulate my dual LCD Load Controller Board, or anything else that was more complex than just a simple system. I guess I'll have to save up for a new quad core computer 1st.

Other then that, it looks like you guys have made some major advancements in FlowCode, and I'm sure with a more modern computer, it'll really shine.
Michael St. Pierre
FlowCode V3&V4 Pro Registered User
Manufacture: Heat Load Controllers,
and a variety of other widgets.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

The simulation of some of the components including the graphical LCD is admittedly very slow. Most of the components such as switches, LEDs, Alphanumeric LCDs, etc should simulate very well. We are working on improving this for the next update release of V4.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

The graphical LCD component has net really changed since v3. Reducing its "simulation size" to "normal" should speed things up.