SPI

Forum for problems or queries regarding Flowcode Comms Components. Eg LIN, I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN, IrDA etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

dvwagner
Flowcode V4 User

SPI

Post by dvwagner »

Can someone explain the component properties for the SPI and there use? NVM, DAC?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: SPI

Post by Benj »

Hello

If you go into the SPI properties then there is a help button which should take you directly to the SPI help file.

Otherwise the help file can be found in the main Flowcode V3 folder named SPI.hlp.

jadiflow
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jadiflow »

Ben,

I will use the SPI for a non-flowcode component. What I wonder is whether the DAC and NVM enable bits are in any way assumed at one of the ports, and cause a possible conflict? Obviously I don't use those, I will use a dedicated output pin to enable/disable my device. Can I just ignore those DAC/NVM enable bits?

Jan Didden

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Sean »

The selected SPI component DAC and NVM enable lines are configured as outputs and set high when the SPI component is initialised.

If, after initialisation, you only use the 'SPI_Get_Char' and 'SPI_Send_Char' functions, the DAC and NVM/FRAM enable lines will not be used by the SPI component and can be re-allocated to other functions.

jadiflow
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jadiflow »

Thank you!

Jan Didden