CAN component

Forum for problems or queries regarding Flowcode Comms Components. Eg LIN, I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN, IrDA etc

Moderators: Benj, Mods

xtdan

CAN component

Post by xtdan »

Hi,

I have had the CAN component up and running, and have been able to talk between two EBlocks CAN boards both controlled via a 16F877 (or 16F887) on control PCBs we already have, and this has worked very well.

I have been away form PICs/Flowcode for quite some time but am now back on a (90% certain) PIC based project so have just updated to the latest issue of software.

I noted that there is a second CAN component now, and looked at the revisions history file which just stated the CAN part had been added.

This may be a stupid question (if not a very stupid question), but can you give me any more info regarding this new CAN component and use, CAN is about to play a big role in my new project.

Best Regards

Dan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: CAN component

Post by Benj »

Hello Dan

The only difference between the old CAN component and the new CAN2 component is that CAN2 accepts sending /masking /receiving of the extended CAN message identifiers as well as the standard indentifiers.

xtdan

Re: CAN component

Post by xtdan »

Thanks for the info, I will have a play when I get 10mins.

dan