Unable to Create a C File

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

go233

Unable to Create a C File

Post by go233 »

Hi,
I have tried to compile to the MIAC a simple program with only one instruction (Relay on), but it gives back this error code:
"Unable to Create a C File" and the name of the directory where my simple program is located.
Could you help me please?
Giovanni
:shock:

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Unable to Create a C File

Post by Benj »

Hello Giovanni,

Unable to create C file is Flowcode's way of telling you it doesn't have write permission to the current project folder.

Therefore make sure your Flowcode project file is not located within a write projected directory and you should be ok to compile your program.

Program files or Program files (x86) are examples of write protected directories.

go233

Post by go233 »

Hello,
I created a simple program which switch a led on and off and I saved on the desktop.
Then I tried to compile to C and I had the same error.
Question: is this linked with my software licence? I am using flowcode 6 on two computer: my desk computer in the office and a laptop to download and modify things on the fly when I am on the plant near the installed MIAC.
Thanks
Giovanni
:shock:
Attachments
bug.png
(267.57 KiB) Downloaded 3425 times

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Fortunately this has nothing to do with your licence, if the licence wasnt working properly, there would be an error message popping up as soon as you clicked compile explaining that you did not have the required licence.

This message is from Flowcode, saying that it cannot (for whatever reason - usually permissions) create the c file it needs to be able to compile.

I would try creating a folder in the c:\, maybe c:\test\ or something, ensure that you have permissions and create a simple LED flasher in that folder then try compile.

If that doesnt work, check your Antivirus program (or similar system protection software) isnt blocking the creation of files by Flowcode, as Flowcode will need to be able to create files.

go233

Post by go233 »

I have tried to make the directory c:\test, save the simple led program and compile, but I have got the same error.
I'll get my IT person to look at the antiv and access right and I'll report it.
Giovanni

go233

Post by go233 »

Hi,
silly me!!!!
It was a problem of access. My colleague has changed my right on the account I was using and I didn't realize that.
Thanks anyway!
Giovanni
:D