Software to program MAIC

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Pierre28

Software to program MAIC

Post by Pierre28 »

Hi, Guys

Does any one know if the MIAC module can be programmed using MPLAB IDE? from (microchip) I just got one but i do not know which software i can use to program it using C programming.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Software to program MAIC

Post by Benj »

Hello Pierre,

Yes the MIAC can be programmed with any compiler suitable for 8-bit PIC devices.

We recommend Flowcode to help make things easier but MPLAB and the XC8 compiler will work just as well if you are happy with C coding.

The only thing to note is that you have to modify the linker to ensure the program starts at address 0x800 rather then 0x00 to allow for the bootloader. There should be lots of examples of how to do this.

You can program the MIAC using the MIAC programmer or the latest mLoader both of which can be found on our main site under Support -> Learning Center. Simply type the name of the tool you want in the Resources Filter text box and click go.

The programming tool can be added to MPLAB so it automatically programs the hardware after a build. I think the project options allows you to add command line calls before and after the build.

Here is an example command line call to invoke and program using the mLoader tool.

mLoader\mLoader.exe -miac "file.hex"