TCP_IP & Web Server

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

trisb
Flowcode V4 User

TCP_IP & Web Server

Post by trisb »

HI Guys.

I am looking for a bit of help OK LOT of help here.

OK here goes.

I am looking at using a PIC18F96J60 or similar with on chip Ethernet ability.
Here is what I am looking at trying!!! to do..

I have looked at the post Ben done on Web Based Embedded Data Monitor, and like the idea of this.

Here is where I need the help. I have not done anything like this before, and would like to get some help in trying to create a program/software that would allow me to go a webpage and look at temp stats and other I/O,s like the example Ben has done. I would also like to be able to switch on and off Outputs and look at the state of a input from a webpage type application on a local PC using the Ethernet socket as a connection to control the pic I/0. Then once I get my head round it do the same over the internet...

How ever I am having a bit of a job getting my head round how to do this and where to start. As I have only been using the software and pics for a few months, and I am getting a little bit ahead of my self, I have the ideas but don't know how to go about getting them in to working applications....

I will be looking to have a PCB made up and would be willing so get a few made for others to use to help me develop this idea.

If any one can help me with trying to achieve this get in touch it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Tristan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: TCP_IP & Web Server

Post by Benj »

Hello Tristan,

When you take on a project like this there are two main approaches.

1) Is to take code that works on a different compiler and port it across so that it works on the BoostC platform. A good example may be the Microchip TCP/IP stack if you can get hold of it. A good understanding of C will help a lot here.

2) Using the datasheets do a ground up approach. This may be harder as the datasheets are not always 100% forthcoming in describing how the overall system should run.

I will provide help where I can.

trisb
Flowcode V4 User

Post by trisb »

thanks Ben.

I am going to look at making a start on this in the new year... so a bit of datasheet reading will be top of the list...
It will be a slow project but will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks for your support.

Tris

trisb
Flowcode V4 User

Post by trisb »

Hi, Ben,

I have done a bit of reading, and have looked at the TCP/IP Stack file.

one of the things I have been looking at is to get a Olimex PIC-MAXI-WEB board (http://www.olimex.com/dev/pdf/PIC/PIC-MAXI-WEB.pdf).

Am I right in saying that if use Flowcode to create my pic software program I will need to do the following.

Include the Microchip TCP/IP Stack code into my flowcode file, then use MPLAB to compile and program the chip.

I am getting a bit lost with the TCP/IP stack part of this. and I am still on a very steep learning curve when it comes to Pic's and C Code.

Thanks

Tris