Zigbee E-Block

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

GadgetBoy

Zigbee E-Block

Post by GadgetBoy »

Heythere,

Im new to this E-Blocks and am trying to use the EB051 zigbee board for my wireless apllication.I was wondering could anybody pls send me some example code that will send a char or string from the end device to the co-ordinator both using the 16F88 microcontroller.And how should i configure the boards in the software and hardware?

Thanx

GadgetBoy

Re: Zigbee E-Block

Post by GadgetBoy »

Any bit of help would be appreciated

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Have you seen the examples from the main Flowcode download page. I think the Zigbee examples are only available in v4 of Flowcode. If your using v3 then let me know and I will try and dig you out some v3 example files.

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy »

Hey,

i managed to get some info on how to program the board and the connections .I wrote a program that is suppose to turn on a certain LED if the zigbee co-ordinator connects to the end device and swithces on another if no connection is made but for some reason it doesnt work.I tested the LED board and its working but as soon as i add any zigbee macro to the program the LEDs doesnt want to turn on..Any ideas as to why this could be?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Easiest thing would be to post your program to let others have a look if there are any errors in it.

However if you use Flowcode V4 could you post in the V4 forums.

Help on how to do this is available here:

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=29&t=602

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy »

Hey,

Thanx for the replies.I managed to get the boards communicating but now i need a chip that has two RX and TX pins for me to use the zigbee board and the RS232 board.Any ideas on what kind of chip will be compatible with these two boards as well as the flowcode that has two TX and RX pins?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

If you visit the link below and then click the UART 2+ filter then this will show you all the devices with two or more UARTs.

http://www.microchip.com/productselecto ... ector.html

Flowcode should be able to compile to most devices excluding maybe some of the very new ones.

The 16F1946 or 1947 come in DIL packages and work with the EB006 so these may be good options for you.

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy »

Hi,

i have been looking around but cant seem to find a datasheet of the 16F1946 or 47 in the DIL package can you perhaps provide me with one?

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy »

or any other dual uart microcontroller that will work with the e-blocks and flow code :?: needing it a.s.a.p.ive searched around but didnt get anything in DIL package that will work with the board and flowcode.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Sorry looking again these chips are not DIL compatible, I was thinking of the 1939 devices which are DIL compatible but only have one UART.

It looks like you may have to go for an 18F device.

This selection tool will allow you to find devices that suit your application.

http://www.microchip.com/productselecto ... ector.html

DIL compatible products are normally 8, 14, 18, 20, 28 and 40 pin.

Also make sure you get a chip which is 5V tolerant to allow it to work correctly with the EB006 E-block.