Problem Creating a New Macro & Variable

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

bernoulli

Problem Creating a New Macro & Variable

Post by bernoulli »

I have a licensed FC6 Professional version.

Besides the Main macro, I was able to create 20 more but when creating the next one I keep getting an error message, "The macro name supplied is invalid. Macro names can be a maximum of 32 alpha numeric characters...".

The error message is stated even if I make the name only one character in length.

Do I need to reinstall the software or is this a bug?

Thank you

After posting, I went to create a new Byte variable. It provides me the same error message. Any help is grateful!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Problem Creating a New Macro & Variable

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've not come across this. are you trying to give the macro a strange name or using none accepted characters in the name?

Please can you post your program and steps to replicate so we can investigate for you.

bernoulli

Re: Problem Creating a New Macro & Variable

Post by bernoulli »

Benj,

After doing various things, including repairing, then removing and reinstalling the software, I finally understand why this is happening. While the error message states alphanumeric and underscore can be used in the name, it seems the name cannot begin with a number.

I appreciate your desire to help.

Is there a PDF file to download which basically is the information found through the help on Wiki? I would like to print it out as I find this method favorable to my way of working.

Thank you,

Gary