It's SPI Communications active?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

407charles

It's SPI Communications active?

Post by 407charles »

Hi guys good morning. I want to know if SPI communication tool is active for my license. I still have the basic license and exploring Flowcode a little more before I upgrade to the professional version (if it works for what I want). Basically I'm need to be able to communicate with other microcontrollers to expand the number of inputs and outputs available, this way I will be able to interface with more components such as Quad 7 segment display and a LCD display at the same time. I just seen the MOSI, MISO and CLK letters are not black they look inactive. That's way I want to know if is active for my license or not. Also if you have any small program as an example it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time and support.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: It's SPI Communications active?

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The SPI component is part of the Pro license but will work with the 30-day free trial.

The pins will be grayed out for a hardware SPI channel as these are commonly fixed to specific pins. The software channel mode will allow you to configure the pins you want to use.

407charles

Post by 407charles »

I have the license FC6CP01NEPIC (PIC pack) nor the free trial or the proffessional, is SPI communications active for my license?

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

407charles wrote:I have the license FC6CP01NEPIC (PIC pack) nor the free trial or the proffessional, is SPI communications active for my license?
No the SPI is not in the license ,I guess that is what Benj is saying or you can use the free 30 day trial version where the SPI is active

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Ok got it. I'm sorry but I'm a new user for this software and I'm noticing the different formats of the different menus and components, when I see the words MISO, MOSI and CLK not highlighted like the rest of them I did not know if is because is not active or because the connections are done by default and not interchangeable. So if I seen this in other components that means are not active, right? Some of them display a message when you are trying to use them (you don't have a valid license) but this one in particular does not display a message but I noticed the words in a different tone (not full black) and I did not know if is normal or not active, you can actually choose the component and it goes to dashboard panel making you think is active. Other question regarding the same topic; If I upgrade the software to the professional version is this application fully active and functional or still in development (the MISO, MOSI and CLK functions) ? Thanks a lot four your help.

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI
If you buy the pro licence then all the components are fully activated

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot four your quick response, one more question: what other resources are available to learn the software? There is any book?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

There is a book available on v6 and there are a lot of links in my signature designed to help you get up and running.

http://www.matrixtsl.com/product.php?Pr ... PHPSESSID=

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Hi Ben thanks for your help. I upgrade my license to a professional version but I don't know if the SPI communications is active or not, why it looks like this?
The first two options on the connections section are in solid black and you can click on port tab to check connection but the last three (MISO,MOSI and CLK) you cannot set connections, Why? Does this is selected automatically by the software depending the PIC or it's not active? Please let me know. Thanks for your support.
Attachments
flowcode.png
properties screen shot
(185.68 KiB) Downloaded 959 times

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

I don't know if the SPI communications is active or not, why it looks like this?
Hello
MOSI,MISO,CLK pins you can not change as they are fixed on the micro you are using ,Consult the Datasheet for your device and you will see that the SPI for the device the SDO ,SDI and CLK pins are fixed to those pins
your SPI is active in your license be sure of that,The other 2 pins the DACEN are the CS/SS pin in SPI and the NVM is related to a MATRIX EBLOCK

When you use a Micro with remap able pin you will notice that you can change those 3 pin definitions as you thought should be possible

Hope this helps
Example MCU below See Pins for SPI
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (55.5 KiB) Viewed 6697 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I agree with QMESAR, if you want adjustable pins then switch the channel to software and this then bit bangs the SPI bus rather than using the hardware peripheral.

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot guys I did not see that. by the way, there is any way to run the simulator for a communication program to test it? For example a very simple program as send variable values to another microprocessor? The problem I'm having is that I making an oven controller, this controller should be able to store bread recipes, retrieve them and run them when needed. I already have the majority and more complex task already working (at least in the simulator) but I already run out of pins. I'm using a keypad, operation buttons, LCD display and I will also need two seven segment quads to show set temperature and actual temperature respectively. My idea is to use a slave microcontroller to do that and maybe run some outputs from it; therefore I will need to sent data (set points) for this slave microcontroller to run a secondary code to execute what is needed. I would like to see if the data transmission is successful before downloading to the slave microprocessor, is this possible in the simulator some how? Do you have any code example to have an idea of how to build it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Bye and Merry Christmas to all Flow Code users.