asm code transition from Flowcode v2 to v3

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

elecrobot

asm code transition from Flowcode v2 to v3

Post by elecrobot »

Hi MatrixMultimedia.

Last year I developed a project at my uni on Flowcode 02. Now they have upgraded to Flowcode 03 and I am getting error while generating hex file due to presence of assembly code. I was reading the post (http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... =send+code) and have carried out the required changings i.e. putting "_" before special purpose registers (_porta, _portb, _trisa, _trisb). But still I am getting errors. Can you please guide me further what changings should I do to make my code to work on Flowcode 03. Can you please probably give me an email address where I can send you my code? Thanks very much for the help.

Kind Regards,

Tariq

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: asm code transition from Flowcode v2 to v3

Post by Benj »

Hello Tariq

Do you have the assembler code wrapped inside the asm brackets?

eg.

asm{

bsf _porta, 0

}

You can find more information inside the BoostC manual located inside the "Flowcode Vx/BoostC" directory.

We cannot troubleshoot your assembler code for you. The compilation should give you appropriate line numbers to help tracking down the problem.

To cross reference the line numbers with the errors you can use a text editor such as textpad to allow you to view the line numbers of the flowcode project C code file.

elecrobot

Post by elecrobot »

Thanks ben for your reply. I did place the brackets as mentioned by you. You are right. I think the best route is to read the manual and try to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Tariq

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

If you can trace problems to specific lines using the compilation messages and a text editor with line numbers then I can help troubleshoot these lines. Just as long as I dont have to go through a wedge of assembler code.

tmd_63
Flowcode V4 User

Post by tmd_63 »

For reference. Notepad++ is a very good text editor with line numbers and it has other useful features too.
It is also free under the GNU licence. Have a look on sourceforge for it.