Cannot open asmide file

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

G8ATD

Cannot open asmide file

Post by G8ATD »

Hi, I have an HPDEVBD version 2 PICmicro development board and Assembly for PIC microcontrollers V2.0 that I use for hobby developments. I am changing PC and have just installed the software on a laptop running Windows XP. When I try to load the IDE or Vlab from the exercises I get a message - cannot open Tut... .asmide. If I double click on the file from explorer it opens the ide with the file. I guess I have some sort of setup problem. Can anyone help please.

I have lost the floppy disc that came with the development board, the PPP has been installed from the CD but I don't know if there was anything else on the floppy that I might need.

Regards - Andy

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Cannot open asmide file

Post by Benj »

Hello Andy

If you are using IE v8 then there is a bit of a problem using this with the Assembler course. It now seems to be very strict over what it is allowed to open.

You could either use and earlier version of IE or install Mozilla Firefox / Google Chrome to solve the problem.

Let me know how you get on.

G8ATD

Re: Cannot open asmide file

Post by G8ATD »

Thanks very much Benj, I have installed Chrome and that works fine. I have now set up PPP, assembled and downloaded some of the test programs to a PIC on the development board. I am no great programmer but find that with the help of the tutorials I can write some useful things for my hobby so I can now continue with that on my laptop.