USB connection issue in Flowcode 5

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

WvdBerg

USB connection issue in Flowcode 5

Post by WvdBerg »

Good day Gents,

I seem to have a problem with interfacing the EB006 v9 multi programmer to Flowcode 5.

I had a read up on the threads concerning this problem for win7 and downloaded the updated driver.
Installed the updated driver and it does reflex correctly in device manager as the "Custom USB Devices\EB006 multiprogrammer"

But it still doesn't want to connect - "USB cable is not connected" nevermind what i do.

How would i go by checking if i might have a faulty bootloader on the PIC24EP512.

Reason why i think the bootloader might be faulty/corrupt : I can upload the compiled .hex file via mLoader v3 with no problem.
Just can't compile straight to the chip, which makes me think the bootloader might be corrupt.

CPU : i7 2.4Ghz
RAM : 8GB

Thanks for the help

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: USB connection issue in Flowcode 5

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The reason Flowcode v5 cannot see your hardware is it is still using the PPP software to try to talk to the hardware. This worked fine for EB006 boards up to v8 but the v9 board has different programming software.

This FAQ should help to get you started.

http://www.matrixtsl.com/support/viewto ... 18c2b7d519

Let me know how you get on.

WvdBerg

Re: USB connection issue in Flowcode 5

Post by WvdBerg »

Hi,

Sorted

Thank you