adjusting time via encoder

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

barham

adjusting time via encoder

Post by barham »

i worked out a simple counter using an encoder (alps) to adjust the desired value of seconds and displaying it´s content via an CA 7-seg-display(Kingsbright SA39GWA).
Well it´s running in the breadboard that i made the circuit but there are some faulty issues:
a) the appropriate PIC device would not reset and the display stay dark after reset!
b) adjusting the values per encoder-knob seems to be very difficult and even impossible for some values ( upwards: 6 and 8 downwards: 8 and 6).
c) the E-segment of the display don´t get illuminated. it´s showing even by a Proteus simulation always the E-segment as ON in all and every case of values between 0-9.
well the circuit is ok and i would ask someone if this is just an compiler issue or has someone any idea. thanks all
regards
Attachments
1-Digit_7seg_Encoder.hex
(6.53 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
1-Digit_7seg_Encoder.fcfx
(19.6 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Docara

Re: adjusting time via encoder

Post by Docara »

Hi

Circuit diagram?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Low voltage programming is currently enabled in your configuration settings. This will eat one of your I/O pins and could easily be causing the problems you're seeing.

barham

Post by barham »

Hello benj
i changed the configuration and programmed the pic once again. The circuit could reset very well and it´s a reliable handling with encoder-knob in advance possible and also it displays each of the value 0-9. Thank you very much for prompt and the advised solution.
regards