Hello all, NOOB here some comments, thoughts, and questions.

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

chad

Re: Hello all, NOOB here some comments, thoughts, and questions.

Post by chad »

Hi Guys,

Well I have some skin in the game now. I just purchased flow code. Here are some responses:

1) I have not been able to update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FC to the latest version on your site. I was previously running the 30 day demo.
I think that the demo can't update. My demo expires tomorrow, but I have purchased FC and activated it so maybe the update will work when it reverts to my purchased version. I have allowed FC to connect to the internet through my firewall, I have tried disabling the firewall, same with AV.
firewall: comodo, AV, Avast. Is there a separate update app that I need to allow? I can see it in help but it is grayed out.

2) I will try the ws2811 shortly but Unless it is in the current build on the website I probably don't have the updated component.

3) I did post my FC file. It is posted below. It is just a simple test to read a dmx channel and send it to the oled. I am well versed in DMX physical and electrical connection. I can guarantee that The chip is getting a valid dmx signal. I just can't get a value out of the component. If I am doing something incorrect in my test program please let me know.
Dmxtestnew.fcfx
(11.63 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
4) When I view the coms I see the DMX SLAVE component but the DMX master no longer shows up. This disappeared with the update to 8.1.

5)
You just have to specify the Instruction rate in the new "STARM Instruction Rate" property as there isn't a simple way of getting this currently, my test device BL0061 is 180000000 e.g. 180MHz.
I don't see this property. I assume it it is an issue with the update problem.
I am using the st nucleo 446re board. The bl0061 is using the 446ze (100 pin vs 64 pin). It looks like you are using a 16mhz crystal. I am using the 8mhz from the st-link side. I haven't messed with clocks yet. I am just using the 446 nucleo target you supply. I don't know what it is clocked at. I also have a nucleo f303 to test with.

6) Sorry about the snarky comment.

Leigh: understood. Unfortunately right now I want to make dmx widgets so DMX is on top of my priority list.
You can do DMX on a 8 bit pic. It should be possible on a 180 mhz 32 bit arm.

Thanks, for looking into this for me..
Chad

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Chad,

Please can you create a new project or open an existing project and then try clicking Help -> Check for updates.

The updates system works even in the demo/free mode you just need to have a project file open.

If you change the "files in use" at the bottom to "full database" then this should pull the latest version of everything and hopefully the DMX master component should reappear for you.

In your DMX program you aren't calling the ReceiveDataChain function. This should be part of your while 1 loop and listens for incoming data from the Master. Hopefully this will get you up and running :D

chad

Post by chad »

Hi Ben,

The update is grayed out, project open or not. I can see it but I can't click on it. Trial days remaining 0.

I will try the RecieveDataChain again. I tried this from the dmx sample from the wiki, didn't work.

Chad

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

chad wrote:Hi Ben,

The update is grayed out, project open or not. I can see it but I can't click on it. Trial days remaining 0.

I will try the RecieveDataChain again. I tried this from the dmx sample from the wiki, didn't work.

Chad
Hi Chad. Could web access be disabled? Please check View -> Global Options -> Application tab.

The "Check for updates" option should only be grayed out when 1) web access is disabled, 2) there is no project open, or 3) you are currently simulating.

Daniel.

chad

Post by chad »

Hi Daniel,

Yup, that was it. I don't remember clicking that but I must have..

Thanks!