Simulation EEPROM values

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Simulation EEPROM values

Post by medelec35 »

There is a Right context menu for clear Text.
That should not be allowed.
Can either:
Clear text option just sets all EEPROM values to FF?
Or
Instead of Clear Text, have 'Set Default Values' so all values are set to FF?

Finally, if the scroll bar is there as not all values are within the window, then when sim Stopped and restated, the bar jumps to lower part of the window.

This causes all the most common used addresses e.g 0x00 to 0x60 to disappear from view.
Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Simulation EEPROM values

Post by Benj »

Hi Martin,
There is a Right context menu for clear Text.
That should not be allowed.
Can either:
Clear text option just sets all EEPROM values to FF?
Or
Instead of Clear Text, have 'Set Default Values' so all values are set to FF?
This is a change to the Flowcode executable and may be hard to get right as it has many different uses and they are all fairly generic. I'll have a word and see what we can do about it.
Finally, if the scroll bar is there as not all values are within the window, then when sim Stopped and restated, the bar jumps to lower part of the window.
Again this is likely an executable type fix and might be tricky. With streaming data you would want to see the last incoming value so in this case jumping to the bottom is a good thing.

I think you mentioned about the initial values overwriting the data when you restart simulation. I've now added a new property for you that allows you to decide what happens. The initial data will be written to the EEPROM console on component initialise or when the initial data values are changed. The reset to defaults options is set to No by default so restarting simulation shouldn't loose any changed values.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Simulation EEPROM values

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ben,
medelec35 wrote:I think you mentioned about the initial values overwriting the data when you restart simulation.
That was to do with initial values and was my error, so deleted that text.
Martin