Getting some infor from Mega to me???

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

secs

Getting some infor from Mega to me???

Post by secs »

Hi all.

Its probably a simple answer but...

I am just tinkering with an Arduino Mega 2650 while I wait postage next week. I have it reading an analog pin. I need a simply way of seeing what that value of the pin is? I used to have an old lcd screen laying around but cant find it. I used to use simple rs232 data to see it.

Can I get the mega to send anything to the PC? of am open to suggestions?

Peter

secs

Re: Getting some infor from Mega to me???

Post by secs »

Actually I just found it but not sure how I did. Will have a play and see what I did????

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Using a UART component you can send data through the on-board USB2Serial back to the PC. Flowcode can monitor the serial port using the Serial Monitor component and the Console window. Alternatively you could use a terminal emulator or the Arduino IDE software.

LEDs can also be useful ;)

secs

Post by secs »

Thanks all.

Yep thats the solution I stumbled upon but didnt know how I did it. Got it sending data. Also agree with the LED part. In fact I used an Arduino to run my aquaponics system in the back yard and had an LED mounted on the system where I could see it from the kitchen window. The number of flashes was used as the status of the system...