Error with GPS board and MMC Card : Ecio problem

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

oshiku

Error with GPS board and MMC Card : Ecio problem

Post by oshiku »

Hi everbody,
I'm new user on this web site and i love the community =]
I have a problem to record my localisation of GPS card in a MMC card ( I used a Pic microship). It's some e-block (eb037 and eb056), i used flowcode 5 for pic controllers.
I'm in school but m'y proffesor don't know more as me ^^". So i need your help =]
At first, we can thought it will work but few minuts more, there is a hard error, it's written "Ecio programmer is missing".
Someone get an idéa to fix this problem ? =]
Thanks a lot to take care about the program
I really need tout fix this problem, it's for the high examen ^^
Attachments
Eb056+Eb037.fcf
The program
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Good morning, and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night ^^

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Error with GPS board and MMC Card : Ecio problem

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The program compiles ok. Please can you describe what is going wrong on your hardware.

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

Thanks a lot for your awnser, now i know that the error is about the hardware. =]
When i try to send the program to the microcontroller, he didn't works =[ i try to test mm.hex file gives on the website but he said "init Start" "reset failed" "mmc failed", i transfert it with ppp.exe and i take care about the doc who is given.
In the .doc he said i have to use a idc cable on the port 6, is it rly needed ?
I've seen also the card works only with 1gb SD 16kb but i used 2gb SD 32kb do you think it's the problem. I havn't another SD card =[.
Thanks you for your considération.
ps : i take some picture with my mobile

SD card picture
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/246/ ... 175246.jpg

Ecio error
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5306/i ... 175050.jpg

Microcontoller's câble
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1557 ... 175014.jpg

Error worst on the world
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1782 ... 175053.jpg
Good morning, and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night ^^

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Oshiku!

As far I se in Picture 3 you are NOT using an Eico. For me it look some other device on EB006 or EB007. try to go in project option cofigure chip and auto detect chip.

Could be. :?: :D

Best regard

Jorgen.

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

Hi Jorgen ^^
Thanks to help me, your are right I used a Eb006 with e-block (037 and 056) and not an ECIO. I don't know why he said "I need a ECIO" ^^.
When I used ppp to transfer the program, he detect automatically the chip and he said i get a 16F877A. When the microcontroller eat the program he said "mmc fail"
Have u got a issue to fix the problem ?
I let u the program that is given by the website.
I think my problem is my mmc card how can I fix it ?

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Oshiku! :D

I've looked at your program. The program itself is configured for EICO 40 but you are using a different circuit on the EB board, not an EICO, either you have to buy an
EICO40 or change your progam to the type of pic you use. :idea: When you have changed this, maybe your program Work when you have compile to chip.

With regard to the memory card, I have unfortunately no experience with this, sorry :( . Hope it help a litlle.

Best regard

Jorgen

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

I don't really understand, sorry I'm a student and my professor isn't with me ( holy day
\o/)
you said if I want that the program worked, I have to buy a ecio
Is ecio chip good or not ?
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/product ... PHPSESSID=
I get also an eb006, how can I assembly the two chip or how can I modify the program (I used flow code 5 for piccrontroller)
Really thanks to help me you save my life ^^ this project is 1/3 marks of my high school diploma ^^"

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi again Oshiko!

Yes this is an Eico. Eico 28 or 40 is some kind of a stand alone Pic with USB and a inbuilt bootloader wich call the program by pressing the resetbuttom. You don´t need EB006 board for programming this. And for this device you have to choose it in configuration in FC an Eico device as you already have done. (that´s ok, but then you have to use this device) :roll:

But I can see on your att. picture 3 you use EB006 wich is for single chip. I can´t see the name of the Pic, but if you choose this device, you have to change it in configurationsmanger for this Pic.

Hope this make sense. :D

Jorgen

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

Thanks you man, i understand a bit so if i buy a 40 pin pic 18 ecio and a eb061
I put the GPS on port A and the mmc board on the port B, I program the ecio with this program, normally he will worked ?

And I have to buy the ecio or can it works alone ? My a eb006 is a 16f877a
Attachments
Eb056+Eb037.fcf
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Yes, you are in business :D . But the easy and cheapest way you can use your pic16f877a Go in your program (FC) change in IC projectoption change from Eico to pic16f877a. :wink:

Meanwhile I have change your program for a 877a. But I don´t know if your FC (program is correct) Try to compile it to the chip. You have to connect your GPS to C7 (UART) this pin is dedicated for this.

Best regard

Jorgen
Attachments
Eb056+Eb037_877a.fcf
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

Yeaaahhh thx a lot man i will test it during my school I hope it will worked =] bye my friend

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The 16F devices will not work with the MMC/SD card as they generally do not contain enough RAM to be able to host the FAT routines. An device like a 18F4455 which is used as the device on the ECIO40P should work well.

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

Thanks a lot so =] I understand now why he doesn't work.
Thanks for your help ^^

Ps : Get a another answer

When i tried to compile the program, there is written in the documentation that the micro controller can be a 16F

- 1 x Multi-programmer E-Block with 16F877A
- 1 x Card Reader E-Block (unit under test)
- 1 x LCD Display E-Block – jumper on default
- 1 x MMC Card

So the MMC board can work on a 16F or not ?
Attachments
EB037_Test_Files.zip
(6 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

hi evreybody
i test my EB056 with EB037, and i bought the 18F4455 as you have told me , but i have again the same problem"ECIO problem",please can you give me the correct program for the EB056 save on EB037 the GPS data? thanks you very much

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi oshiku
Can you please reattach the flowchart that doesn't work, what exact chip are you using , can you recompile to hex and post the generated msg.txt(it will have the same name as your fcf but with .msg.txt as a file extention

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Oshiku
So the MMC board can work on a 16F or not ?
The 16F877A MMC test routine communicates to the card in RAW form but throws away data as it is received. To run a complex file system such as FAT you need large data arrays (512 bytes) as well as variables to handle the file pointers, start of root, clusters per sector etc. 18F is probably the minimum to allow you to parse a FAT filesystem.

What ECIO problem are you getting? Is it saying that it is waiting for an ECIO when trying to program? Try changing the target device in the project options to match the device your using, the config settings will also need to be correct for your hardware. Sounds like your maybe trying to run before you can walk.

I would begin by creating a project for your specific device and seeing if you can get it to flash an LED at the correct rate. This will then confirm you have everything ready to start playing around with the complicated stuff.

As your using Flowcode please can you sign yourself up to one of the Flowcode topics so we know which version your running and can provide better more forthcoming help. See the links below in my signature.

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

As you triing to say, we using flowcode V"5".
When we tried to test the composant, the only composant didn't work is the MMC.
Each time we put the mmc board in the microcontroller, with a small program or a routine test, he said "ECIO error". I though, it was the 16F who can resist it but, when we put the 18F, he did the same "ECIO error".
I don't really know how to explain this problem, it's really special. Also when i change my chip in the option, it didn't work =(
The ECIO is appearing during the compilation, so my board can't eat it ...
I give you the .txt and the .hex
Thanks for your help =)
Attachments
Eb056+Eb037.hex
(44.79 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Eb056+Eb037.msg.txt
The message of the error, we can see "ECIO error" in the end of the text
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI Oshiku
The reason you're getting the error is you're trying to program an ecio, you need to select the correct chip in the 18F selection, attached is a flowchart which should work you may need to check the config settings.
load the flowchart attached select build options config an see if it's set like the pic bellow if it is send the program to your chip.

Let us know if it works
Regards
Dazz
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
(235.08 KiB) Downloaded 2158 times
trythis using 18f4455.msg.txt
(6.23 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
trythis using 18f4455.fcf
(15.5 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

oshiku

Post by oshiku »

Thanks man to anwser sp fast :)
I will done it =) but my hardware is in school and i'm in a bit holiday ^^
Good holiday and i hope the future message is for write "Thanks dazz my project works" =)