Uploading attachment

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jimhumphries

Uploading attachment

Post by jimhumphries »

I uploaded some Flowcode attachments for a post but I don't see them with that post. They don't appear in my User Control Panel either. What did I miss?

Jim

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Uploading attachment

Post by Steve »

There is a filter on which types of attachment you are allowed to post onto the forum. If the filter blocks you attaching the message, there is a subtle message saying something like "The extension exe is not allowed". I suspect this is the problem.

Another problem I have had is that once you have browsed for your file, you then need to then click the "Add the file" button. This has caught me out on a number of occasions.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

When uploading attachments you first have to upload the file, once this is done you have to click the add the file button for the file to get attached to the message. Im not sure why it works like this but this is the functionlity supplied via PHPBB and I assume they have done it this way for a reason.

jimhumphries

Post by jimhumphries »

Ben/Steve:

These were .fcn files but they were not allowed. Why is that? These seem like typical file types to post.

Jim

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

FCN files are not allowed as they are not created or used by Flowcode. FCF files used by Flowcode PIC are allowed on the forum as well as other versions of Flowcode program files.

jimhumphries

Post by jimhumphries »

Ben:

I don't know what to tell you. The code I have been trying to upload is in three of my own macros and when I try the upload I get the message: "The extension fcm is not allowed". If I am in Flowcode, I can open these macros successfully so I don't know what the problem is. Flowcode is assigning the .fcm extension, not me.

Jim

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Jim

Ok I thought .FCM files were allowed. Sorry about that Ill add them to the allowed list.

jimhumphries

Post by jimhumphries »

Thanks Ben (sorry about the typo). After the fcm file type is allowed I'll upload the code by editing my original post.

I think anyone interested will have to save the macros to their system then "import" them into an open Flowcode session rather than opening them directly by double clicking. I'll try all this after I upload them.

Jim

jimhumphries

Post by jimhumphries »

Thanks for your help Ben.

Yes - I uploaded to the "Decimal Point" post then saved one to disk then I had to import it as a macro into a new Flowcode session to view the code. It would not open directly by double clicking.

Jim