Problem with c compiler

Tips, Tricks and methods for programming, learn ways of making your programming life easier, and share your knowledge with others.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

milea
Flowcode V4 User

Problem with c compiler

Post by milea »

Programs that worked fine ( compiled and send to chips) now I can't compiled it again. When compilation process start a preprocessor it goes into somekind infinity loop, so I must cancel the process. I must mention that till now it works perfectly.

C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe -v -t PIC16F887 "SSSS_Test_SOl_2s1r2t3x7segLedV7.3_887_4mhzInternal.c"

BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 6.70 (for PIC16 architecture)

http://www.sourceboost.com

Copyright(C) 2004-2007 Pavel Baranov

Copyright(C) 2004-2007 David Hobday

Licensed to FlowCode User under Single user Pro License for 1 node(s)

Limitations: PIC12,PIC16 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited

SSSS_Test_SOl_2s1r2t3x7segLedV7.3_887_4mhzInternal.c

Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\SSSS_Test_SOl_2s1r2t3x7segLedV7.3_887_4mhzInternal.c" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F887 -la -c2 -o SSSS_Test_SOl_2s1r2t3x7segLedV7.3_887_4mhzInternal.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Return code = 259

User cancelled!

FINISHED

Thanks

JonnyW

Re: Problem with c compiler

Post by JonnyW »

Hello milea. We wont be able to take a look at this properly before Monday, Im afraid, but can you post details of anything that has changed on your system between the time that this worked and stopped working? Upgrades to Flowcode, change of OS, changes to filename or file location, edits to the file, etc?

Also, if not confidential, it might be a help to post your Flowcode file so we can replicate this. If it is confidential you can PM me or another member of Matrix with the file and we will treat it as confidential.

Cheers,

Jonny

milea
Flowcode V4 User

Post by milea »

Hello Jonny,
I have upgarde V3 to V4 but I thought that is not the reason for problem, because when I installed new version V4 and activated it made the same error as V3. After that I uninstalled V3 an V4 an reinstalled again , it no solve the problem.
I'm sure that is no error in my programs because I have tried more than 20's projects (most gone to customers with no problems) and all of them I can't recompiling it. Message the same.
Also I have installed same c++ aplication compiler (trial version ) before the problems start, I'm not sure.
Thanks

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

milea wrote: Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\Examples\SSSS_Test_SOl_2s1r2t3x7segLedV7.3_887_4mhzInternal.c" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC16F887 -la -c2 -o SSSS_Test_SOl_2s1r2t3x7segLedV7.3_887_4mhzInternal.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Return code = 259
Compile settings looks wrong to me.

If you look at Chip/Compiler options, You should have:
Linker/Assembler
Location:C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\boostlink.pic.exe
Parameters:-ld "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib flowcode.pic16.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

Programmer:
Location:C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\Tools\PPP\PPPv3.exe
Parameters:-cs 2 -chip PIC%p -nogui "%f.hex"

External Progrrammer:
Location:C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V4\Tools\PPP\PPPv3.exe
Parameters:--cs 2 -chip PIC%p -config

You could try clicking on Restore defaults within the Compiler Options

When you install V4, make sure that is also configured correctly.
See: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=22&t=683

Martin
Martin

milea
Flowcode V4 User

Post by milea »

I have checked the parametars of compile settings and all are OK. Also I have tryed clicking on Restore defaults within the Compiler Options before compiling. The result is the same.
I think that the problem is in some registry file or configuration file that is unchanged with standard unistalation of Flowcode. I known that if I format the PC and install a fresh copy of OS (Win7) and after that Flowcode will solve the problem, but when I remeber of the last formating hard disk I will try anything before doing format. Some suggestions?
Mile

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Do you have the same problems when trying to compile a Flowcode file with a shorter name/path and one without additional dots in its name?

milea
Flowcode V4 User

Post by milea »

Yes I try without dot. I repeat that "the files before more than month was compiled without error, send to chips without errors, working around without errors". Yesterday I installed Flowcode on my desktop PC (it also have the same c++ trial package that I think it made the problem on my laptop) and all is OK , all programs are compiled fine without errors.
I think that the problem is in some registry file or configuration file on my Laptop that is unchanged with standard unistalation of Flowcode.
Thanks
Mile

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

BoostC sometimes crashes but remains in the process list, Try looking at your task manager to see if the boostc process is running. If it is there then try ending the task and then try compiling again. If this still fails then try uninstalling flowcode, deleting the entire contents of the Flowcode directory and then reinstall.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

milea wrote:I have checked the parametars of compile settings and all are OK.
Hi Mile,
Sorry I was wrong, the long file name confused me a bit.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Martin
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Mile. Please correct this if I am wrong, but this means thet the events, in order, were:

Compiled with v3
- No problems

Nothing changed

Compiled with v3
- Locked up

Installed v4

Kept default settings

Compiled with v4
- Locked up

Uninstalled v3 and v4

Reinstalled v3 and v4

Kept default settings

Compiled with v3
- Locked up

Is this correct? If not or if there are any other details that can be filled in to this timeline please let us know. I only ask as this does sound like it is probably a registry issue (or some other persistent data) and we may struggle to replicate this here.

Jonny

milea
Flowcode V4 User

Post by milea »

I uninstalled the Flowcode and completely delete the Matrix Mult. directory, after that installed again, nothing happened.
I haven't had any idea more (maybe install in another directory ).

the events, in order, were:

Compiled with v3
- No problems

Nothing changed ( installing another programs )

Compiled with v3
- Locked up

Installed v4

Kept default settings

Compiled with v4
- Locked up

Uninstalled v3 and v4

Reinstalled v3 and v4

Kept default settings

Compiled with v3
- Locked up

this is correct.
Mile

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Please post (or PM if you don't want the program to be viewed publicly) the FCF and the C file for this project and we'll try it here.

milea
Flowcode V4 User

Post by milea »

Hi folks ,
I realized that it’s not infinity loop but too long ( example with 1 diode test program more then 20 min), so I put in exclusion on BitDefender Antivirus all MatrixMult folder .
The problem is solved!!!! That antivirus I have more than 1 year. Why now it make problems? I don’t known.
Tomorrow I will check on chips.
Thanks to all
Mile

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Thanks Mile.

I'm so glad you've solved the problem. We've seen problems similar to this in the past with other anti-virus software. On my old XP PC, I need to add exceptions for Flowcode in Windows Defender too.

Sometimes I think that anti-virus software causes more trouble that the viruses themselves!