MIAC Programming

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

KrisJeff
Flowcode v5 User

MIAC Programming

Post by KrisJeff »

Running latest Flowcode 4.3.7.63 (already on my computer) instead of 3 which was included with th MIAC.
Drivers downloaded as required.
WhenI try to send program (any program) to the MIAC I always get " failed with error 997: overlapped I/O operation in progress"?

This is staight out of the box?

Please advise as this is very anoying.

Kind regards,

Kris.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: MIAC Programming

Post by Benj »

Hello,

If you have another Matrix device such as a EB006 or other board plugged in then the MIAC may fail to program. Please ensure that other boards such as the EB006 or HP488 are unplugged and try resending to the device.

KrisJeff
Flowcode v5 User

Post by KrisJeff »

Dear Ben,

Nothing else plugged in? Straight from USB to MIAC. Help files do not even mention MIAC? FAQ only 1 post.
Forums not helpful. Where do I go now?

I've used many PLC controllers in the past 30 years. So far this is the only one that has beat me?

What about the fault code what does this tell you? Can I access all the fault codes?

Kris

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

One thing to try.
Go into Device Manager, find MIAC PLC Power Management then untick 'Allow the computer to turn off this device...'

Also could be ppp issue, see
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... .php?t=508
Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Kris,

We have come across a similar problem related to using windows 7 64-bit. It seems to be a problem that is resolved by unplugging both the USB and the power cables from the MIAC. Waiting a few seconds then applying the power and then reconnecting the USB cable.

We are looking into why this problem is occurring so hopefully I can give you a better solution shortly.

Can you please confirm which OS you are using.

KrisJeff
Flowcode v5 User

Post by KrisJeff »

Thanks Chap's now up and running. Some sort of driver issue even though drivers loaded from the start.
The clue was in the device manager which only showed the MIAC when trying to programme?
Highlighted MIAC searched driver from disk and rodger me with a ragman's trumpet! THANKS.

Kris.xxxxxx