Multiple MIACs with Modbus converter

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

Multiple MIACs with Modbus converter

Post by thusharag »

I am making a system having multiple MIACs (4-5). And i need to communicate with this each and every miacs via a HMI. To do this I hope to make a CAN network among the MIACs and use a CAN to MODbus converter to communicate with the HMI.Please let me know is this a possible work. And also Can i connect CAN bus controlled external I/O modules to this CAN network then? Looking forward for your answer.
If im wrong please guide me to do this.
Thank you
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Multiple MIACs with Modbus converter

Post by Benj »

Hello,
To do this I hope to make a CAN network among the MIACs and use a CAN to MODbus converter to communicate with the HMI.Please let me know is this a possible work.
I am not very familiar with MODbus but it looks like you can get the converters easily enough. I don't see any reasons why this shouldn't work for you.
And also Can i connect CAN bus controlled external I/O modules to this CAN network then?
Yes you can connect external I/O modules to the CAN network you may just have to pay attention to what bus speed the modules support to ensure all the CAN modules and your MODbus converter can talk at the same CANbus rate.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We will be bringing out a range of MIAC addons soon which will greatly simplify the linking up of MIACs. We hope to have more information in the next month or two...

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi steve,

How is the timing on these MIAC add ons?

Best regards

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

These are ready for sale, but they will not have support in Flowcode V4. So we will release them at the end of this year, coinciding with the Flowcode V5 release.