MIAC hardware damage

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

MIAC hardware damage

Post by thusharag »

Currently im using Miacs to develop my mini hydro power control systems.But in a control panel My 3 miacs have been damaged. they shows some input(only the connected inputs at the time) leds lighting even after removing the connections. But the other part is running well (i hope the issue is with only the input card). when i use other input to give a signal then the miac is running well. please let me know what is to be done?
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: MIAC hardware damage

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The op-amps that are responsible for the inputs are well protected for up to 24V but it sounds like there may have been some damage here. What voltages have you been feeding into the inputs? The op-amp chips used are LM324 and the MIAC has 2 of these so maybe you could try replacing these ICs and see if this helps.

Otherwise you could send one or all of the units back to us for testing and we will see if we can work out whats gone wrong. The MIAC has been selling in quantity for several years now and there have been no reported problems like this so hopefully this problem is unique for what ever reason.

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

Post by thusharag »

Actually the fault was with the supplied volage, mistakely it has been applied a higher voltage. Please let me know whether you can send me three input cards. i hope it is better if you can.And also the charges for this.
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Thushara,

Unfortunately we do not stock the individual circuit boards of the MIACs.

But we will send you out a free MIAC unit - this is as a "thank you" for the information you have passed on to us about your project. Please send me your postal address via PM so I can send it to you.

I also know that you have been awarded a free upgrade to Flowcode V5 as a result of this post:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... out#p30798