18F4xj50 Device Issues

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

dcassidy

18F4xj50 Device Issues

Post by dcassidy »

I'm trying to use the 18F4*J50. I'm able to select it in the "view project options" but can't select it under "chip configure" To get around this I tried using Hitech compiler but I'm using the USB Serial and that does not compile in Hitech. It is not clear whether this version of Boost C supports this series. Please advise. Thanks

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: 18F4xj50 Device Issues

Post by Steve »

Those devices are supported by BoostC, but not by the current release of our programmer/config utility, PPP. We might be able to provide a fix for this.

Bit I also tried compiling for this chip with BoostC and it seems there is an error in the FCD definitions we have supplied, so we'll look into this also.

dcassidy

Post by dcassidy »

Thanks, I look forward to the resolution. This is a great piece of software which has a lot of potential :P Great job!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Here is an updated configuration file for PPP. PLease extract the contents of the zip file into your "Flowcode v4\Tools\PPP" directory and the configurations should then work correctly.
ppp_config_data3.zip
(65.96 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
I have also included the latest versions of the FCD files. These should be extracted into your "Flowcode v4\FCD" directory.
FCD.zip
(9.87 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
I've had a quick go at compiling to a USB component and there seems to be a fundemental change with the way that the registers are used on these devices which is causing compilation errors. I will look into this and see if I can get these new devices to behaive correctly with the USB components.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

The version of BoostC supplied with v4.3 of Flowcode PIC does not support the J50 devices so you will have to use the HiTech compiler.

What are the problems you are having with using the USB components with the Hi Tech compiler?

Edit: I've had a bit of a go with this and can now see the problems that are occurring. Even if the Flowcode USB library is supplied in the HiTech compiler. I will have a dig at this and see if I can make this more reliable.

dcassidy

Post by dcassidy »

Hello Benj

I but the FCD's and ppp files in the directories. When I choose "chip config" there was still no 18f4*J50 to choose from. I went snooping around an added 3 lines to the ppp_config_data1.cfg in the Chiplist:

347=PIC18F44J50
348=PIC18F45J50
349=PIC18F46J50

I also changed "count=349" This appears to work for the fuses.

I'll keep you posted.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Ah sorry yes you would need the list file too if this did not already include the devices. Here is a complete set of up to date config files for PPP which should allow you to choose and configure the devices.
Attachments
PPP_configs.zip
(86.08 KiB) Downloaded 218 times