8bit lcd display

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

john hauton

8bit lcd display

Post by john hauton »

Hi, its probably been asked before, but search couldn't find what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a way of using an 8bit lcd interface. The reason being it's supposed to be faster.!?

Is there a way of modifying the character lcd routine that will allow an 8bit configuration?

Thankyou, regards john

brandonb

Re: 8bit lcd display

Post by brandonb »

it would be 200u/s per char since it would be sending a full byte instead of nibbles, i don't understand how the defines are used from within flowcode so sorry can't help with the mod's,

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I have a 8-bit version of the component's C file. It is a bit hacky as I think the port pins are hard coded in the C file itself. Can you confirm which version and varient of Flowcode your using and I will see if my file is compatible.

john hauton

Post by john hauton »

Hi Benj,
Sorry about the delay, health issues...
I'm using flowcode v4.5 pic
(version 4 with updates)
is that what you need?

thanks & regards John

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi John,

Here is an 8-bit v4 component C file for AVR. You could maybe have a look at putting the changes across into the PIC version yourself. If your having problems then let me know and I will see if I can make the changes for you.
Attachments
LCDDisplay_Code.c
(6.14 KiB) Downloaded 350 times