Flowcode cannot find ASM files

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Flowcode cannot find ASM files

Post by christoph »

Hi all,
After a few weeks without any programme to PIC transfers (and no problems ever before and all the same programmer hardware and configuration settings), via my HP-488-00-3 board, I tried to programme a PIC16F767 but it came up with error: =-1 and said 'couldnt find ASM file location' because of: then nothing after that, apart from 'Finish'. After exhaustive checks I could not find anything wrong, so tried another of the same but new chip - same result. Then tried several used and finally new PIC16F88's with well used and programmed 'histories' but had the same results! After more research it seems I have 'lost' the ASM files because it was the same result with a load of programmes I tried, which had always worked fine! I searched under .asm (and variations of that theme) and the handful of even my own programmes said either 'access denied' or 'cannot find the files'. Could someone advisel me how to solve this problem - I havent had any computer problems or glitches and plenty of memory available! I must just mention that I am quite ok with Flowcode (v4.5) programming and hardware but not with computer manipulation of files etc. etc..
Would really appreciate any help possible, Thanks in advance
Chris

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode cannot find ASM files

Post by Benj »

Hi Chris,

Have you tried repairing the program via the Control Panel -> Programs -> Add/Remove windows interface. If this doesn't work then maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the product will solve the issue.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Very many thanks Ben - I wasn't even aware of that facility but it all working perfectly now. I was going to un-install (and might have spotted that) but was worried I might lose some of my hours of work. Thanks again. Cheers, Chris :D

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Chris,

Glad its working for you again, thanks for letting us know.