Fat component speed.

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Mikat

Fat component speed.

Post by Mikat »

Hi everybody.

Ill post this problem at the FC4 forum too (the topic is at the fc2/3 forum, but I think this is something which related to ssd1289 tft code pretty closely), because this is is probably the most looked flowcode forum..
I am trying to help Chris to get bmp image to tft display, and everything works, but slow. Because I am not software expert maybe someone could help us. At the moment thing is that loading the 320x240 picture takes almost 10 seconds, which the display code takes bit over second.. So I anybody could advice the fastest way to transfer that image at the sdcard to the pic.. The optimal is if the data could be read at 2x8 bit 5b6g5r per pixel or someway in the array, that way the data could be directly transfered to lcd data port, without extra conversion.

Mika

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Fat component speed.

Post by Benj »

Hello Mika,

Are you using the FAT component in hardware or software mode? Hardware mode may be slightly faster then software mode so I would maybe suggest giving this a go if it is a possibility. Otherwise there is a microsecond delay in the software SPI byte function which you could try to reduce a bit.

Mikat

Re: Fat component speed.

Post by Mikat »

Hardware, the chancing it to hw mode has given double speed what I heard, but its still slow...
I know that the 320x240 16 bit bmp is big, over 100KBytes... But what I have read at the microchip forums, over 100Kbytes/sec should be possible transfer speed...
But there seems to be some kind of problem with the higher spi speed, the fat code don't work at 64MHz chip clock..
At the moment I don't have hardware to test fat component, my pcbs are on the way and will arrive next week...
Ill attach the fat code here, so I anyone find some speed improvements at it... (I know there is useless color conversations at the moment in the code, bot those are not the problem at the moment)..

Mika
Attachments
LCD Software, 18F46K20 Working.fcf
(15.57 KiB) Downloaded 238 times