Flowcode 4 & ECIO-28

Moderator: Benj

mimiyum

Flowcode 4 & ECIO-28

Post by mimiyum »

I was able to compile and program the ECIO-40 with Flowcode 4.1.1.55 on Windows vista. At first the device manager did not recognize the ECIO and if ever it does, it would be for only a second- not enough time to untick the power management option. This was solved when I used the ECIO programmer and when the ECIO-40 was programmed the ECIO light would be steady on. When i tried to transfer the ECIO-40 to my own board, it works fine.

I tried to do the same and use the same program with the only difference being ECIO-28. It all appears ok except when it finishes compiling, the light is blinking (instead of steady). The ECIO programmer that first indicated
ECIO-28 version: 1.1
Ready
now indicates
ECIO not found!
Pressing the ECIO button lets the ECIO programmer indicate ready but the result after programming is the same.

I prefer to use the ECIO-28 for this application. Am I missing something?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 4 & ECIO-28

Post by Benj »

Hello

It sounds like the bootloader is working correctly but your program is not running on the device.

The ECIO28 has slightly less memory so this could be the problem.

Are you changing the target device in Flowcode and recompiling or are you simply resending the original hex file from the ECIO40 using the ECIOProg tool?

If you create a very basic program to say flash an LED then does this work on your ECIO28?

mimiyum

Re: Flowcode 4 & ECIO-28

Post by mimiyum »

WOW! I believe it IS a memory problem.

The ECIO-28 has a steady light on when the program is to simply light up some LEDs.

I guess I'll just go ahead and use the ECIO-40 for my application.

Thanks Benj for your quick reply. More power to you and Matrix Multimedia!