Flowcode for Microcontrollers other then PICs

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Louis McIntyre

Flowcode for Microcontrollers other then PICs

Post by Louis McIntyre »

Could we have a flowcode for AVR?
Just give us one chip to start with say the AT89C4051 :wink:

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I'll just knock it together in my lunch-break :wink: ....

Seriously, it is something we've though about, but we're not sure of the likely demand. If there are loads of users who would like to see Flowcode for AVRs, then please get in touch.

ALAN_26

Post by ALAN_26 »

It would be a very nice idea !!!

:wink: you can add me to the list of the interested people :!:

Chet

Post by Chet »

Steve, while your at it could you do the same for the Motorola HC11 series. I could seriously use Flowcode with it.

World domination of embedded computing with Flowcode should be your main goal in life :wink:

Mark Schofield

FlowCode for the TI MSP430-F2xxx family

Post by Mark Schofield »

Please consider porting Flowcode onto the MSP430-F2xxx series MCU's.
These are very popular, within the (European) Fire Detection Industry - having overtaken the PIC in popularity, since its introduction.

From experiance , virtually all companies introducing new products within this industry are selecting this family , rather than PIC products - mainly because of the Low Power consumption and flexibility of configuration.

In addition the MSP is designed to be programmed in C, (in addition to the usual Assembly language.

This is a very High volume industry, where speed and ease of development is a very high priority.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Please can everyone who has an opinion about this subject let us know so we can tell how much interest there is out there.

serstel

Post by serstel »

it would be nice if Flowcode was able to work with the Parallax P8X32A microcontroller from Parallax inc. Since it is able to be programmed from the USB port directly there is no need for a new programmer unlike the AVR and the others.

kk

Post by kk »

I really hate to point out these things;
Could we have a flowcode for AVR?
Just give us one chip to start with say the AT89C4051
The AT89C4051 is not an AVR it has a MCS51 core.
The chief wonder of education is that it does not ruin everybody concerned in it. (Henry Brooks Adams)

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I'm glad this topic has come to the fore again, because we will soon release 2 new Flowcode products:

* Flowcode for AVRs
* Flowcode for ARMs

We will be releasing the ARM product sometime in early 2008, but the AVR product is very close to being ready.

I will post a separate message this morning asking for BETA testers for the "Flowcode for AVRs" product.

And if there are any other cores you would like to see, then please let me know [either by email, personal message, or in response to this thread].