PIC24 Support

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

vidor

PIC24 Support

Post by vidor »

Hi,

Is there any PIC24 support in any of Flowcode?
I am interested to work with 16-bit PIC processors and graphic displays (TFT, touchscreen)
Best regards
Vidor

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC24 Support

Post by Benj »

Hello Vidor,

Flowcode for PIC24 and dsPICs has now been completed and we are awaiting stock to come in before we make this available to purchase. There is also a new multiprogrammer E-block for these devices which will be released at the same time.

Hopefully we should have stock in a couple of weeks or so.

The TFT touchscreen will have to be a customised version of the Flowcode gLCD component at the moment but we may include further support for these interfaces shortly. If you know exactly which driver chip your TFT display uses or have a datasheet on the display then let me know.

Jack_land

Post by Jack_land »

Flowcode for dsPIC and PIC24 is available now at MicrochipDirect for example.
As you, I have the same interest, willing to develop firmware for PIC24FJ256GB110 to control a 7" TFT screen with touchscreen.
I can program in C and Assemble, but a rapid prototyping option is a better option to short the devolping time.
I can't decide by now which tool I should use.
From one hand there are the Microchip tools as MPLAB IDE, the graphic library and the graphical display designer (GDD) available for free, but you will need to write your source code. Of course you will have the support of the graphical library and the GDD (placing the widget in a graphical way, creating your screens with all your widgets placed and then compiling to code).

My question around Flowcode 4 for dsPIC and PIC24 is:

Flowcode 4 does it have a similar options as the GDD from Microchip?
I see Flowcode 4 as a great tool from the rapid prototyping perspective, but the lack of a tool as the GDD....compromise my election for it.
Does it have a similar tool like the GDD?

In a theorical way, you can put any source code at the Flowcharts in Flowcode, so anyone can say....hey you, use both tools. First create your screens with gdd and then the compiled code use it at the Flowcode. I thougth that, but looking at the code generated I can't imagine how to use it with flowcode.

Does any have an straightfoward opinion?

Thanks,.....and ohhhhh sorry for my english as I know is not good as I want or you may want.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Flowcode does not currently have anything like the GDD from Microchip, We are hoping to include something like this into v5. As for including the GDD code into Flowcode, this is definitely possible but as you say the microchip code is very complex and unreadable and would require a lot of effort to port over to suit Flowcode. If you could strip out the code that your specific LCD is using then this might be easier to port across.

Also your English is great :)