MCW1001A UART_TCP/IP controller

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

MCW1001A UART_TCP/IP controller

Post by QMESAR »

Dear Team

Please consider adding support for the WI-FI module MRF24WB.800-11 and the companion UART Chip MCW1001A from Microchip from Wi-Fi communications

Regards
Peter

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: MCW1001A UART_TCP/IP controller

Post by QMESAR »

Team
I suppose there is no interest in this WLAN components for FC however I must be honest I need to do some WLAN connectivity for an application and I had a look at your E block and it makes no sense
it is really over priced £120.00 ,that is really expensive I can not even consider to use FC and the WIz module for an application.

Any case your company and your prices :D

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Peter,

The ESP8266 is a very low cost Wifi module which can be bought direct from China and has a known working component already in Flowcode 6.

E-blocks are generally used in the lab or for rapid prototyping, they are designed to last long term hence the cost. We could go down the cheap as chips Arduino route but as a lot of the Aruino resellers have found there is just no "living" to be made from it and the boards just don't last in a Lab/Classroom environment. The WLAN board though is still very expensive so next time we do an order we will likely move away from the older Wiznet module to try and save our customers some cash.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Ben Thank you for the reply :D and the info about the ESP8266.

yes I know that the E Block is designed for the LAB and I was trying to say that using the E Block module for development and then use the WIZ net module for the production is no option as the WIZnet module is very expensive
the MMCW1001A and MRF24WB.800-11 are much cheaper ,this combination is available from your competitors for around 45 dollars( £28.00) as an E block ,the 28.00 I would pay with no problem for a Development board ,or even £50.00 .
The Microchip unit with its TCPI/IP stack UART chip is a good and stable reliable unit and cost effective for development and production units

I will look into ESP8266 as I really am trying to standardize my tools use to MPLABX for PIC32 and FC for dspIC, PIC 18 as much as possible

keep up the good work you guys are doing with FC
:D
Attachments
31.02.jpg
31.02.jpg (32.38 KiB) Viewed 4426 times

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Ben
Thank you for showing me the ESP8266,I found an E -Block for a very good price for the Development work and it is supported by FC :D the ESP itself is also well priced
for production units

:D
Attachments
31.02.jpg
31.02.jpg (16.81 KiB) Viewed 4421 times