GLCD (KS0108) bugs

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Bachman

GLCD (KS0108) bugs

Post by Bachman »

Hello!

I've found some problems around this component.

1: The number 5 is ugly. Is it possible to change to a better look type? See picture, some Photoshop work.
FontType.jpg
FontType.jpg (19.07 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
2: In the simulation, not possible to use the first line of the display. The first line never shown.
DisplayArrange.jpg
DisplayArrange.jpg (184.44 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
3: In the simulation, the attachet program works well. Fill the display with lines, and fills it again with white lines. In the real life, the display fills only one time and nothing else happens. I think, the "SetForegroundColor" command not working.

Thank you!
Attachments
ks108_test.fcfx
(7.1 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: GLCD (KS0108) bugs

Post by Benj »

Hello,

First please can you make sure you are running the latest version of Flowcode 6.

I have hopefully already fixed the offset bug and in the attached component I have also changed the font for character '5' as requested.
Base_GLCD.fcpx
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
I have also found and fixed the bug in the KS0108 where the foreground and background colours are altered.
gLCD_KS0108.fcpx
(32.34 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Simply copy the two attached files to your "Flowcode 6/Components" directory before starting Flowcode and the changes will be loaded.

Let me know how you get on.

Bachman

Post by Bachman »

Benj wrote:Let me know how you get on.
Hello Benj!

Sorry for the late reply!

In the simulation the display looks better. It has got a little offset, but better than the previous version.
KS108_modified.jpg
KS108_modified.jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
The "SetForegroundColor" and "SetBackgroundColor" commands works. But! In the simulation it has no any effect, in the HW the colors has interchanged.
HelpTag.jpg
HelpTag.jpg (16.86 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
The Help Tag (and the Flocode online help) tells me 0 means white, 1 means black but in the HW 0 means black, 1 means white. In the HW the foreground and background colors starting interchanged, not as shown in the simulation.

Thnk you for the new number "5", it's looks much better!

I'm using Flowcode 6.1.2.0, if i know well, this is the latest at this time.

All the best!

Bachman

Post by Bachman »

I made some tests, my previous post contains mistakes because the bug a little bit complicated.

The basic problem in the "SetBackgroundColour" and in the "SetForegroundColour". 0 means black, 1 means white. It's working as same as in the simulation and in the HW.

Bigger problem found in the "ClearDisplay" command. In this command, 1 means white in the simulation, in the HW, 1 means black. When you set the BGColour to 0 and clears the display, the simulator turns the display to black, the HW turns it to white.

Used your modified component.

I hope you understand, my primary language is not english.