USART programming

For C and ASSEMBLY users to post questions and code snippets for programming in C and ASSEMBLY. And for any other C or ASM course related questions.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jcooper

USART programming

Post by jcooper »

I'm working on a PIC18f452, plugged into the HP-488-00-3 demo board, and I'm having issues with the USART. Does anyone have C source code for a simple USART RS232 protocol demonstration? It would be nice to get some for-sure-working code so that I can test the physical setup separately from my code.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: USART programming

Post by Benj »

Hello

Which device are you using? Which clock speed? Which Baud rate required?

I will generate you the code to drive the particular device at the particular clock speed and baud.

jcooper

Post by jcooper »

Benj wrote:Hello

Which device are you using? Which clock speed? Which Baud rate required?

I will generate you the code to drive the particular device at the particular clock speed and baud.
I'm programming with an MPLAB ICD2 debugger, the board is running off the RC circuit at 3.46MHz. Any baud rate is fine for now, probably something in the mid-range available with these settings.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Here is the complete C program for the RS232 UART running at a baud of 4800.
Attachments
Flowcode1.c
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 513 times