PIC 12F1572 Compiling problem “Unknown chip type in data fil

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

stylo

PIC 12F1572 Compiling problem “Unknown chip type in data fil

Post by stylo »

When compiling the PIC 12F1572 I get the message “M Loader Error” “Unknown chip type in data file and the Compiler message window stops at “File sending” …….”File not sent”
Yet if I program a PIC 12F675 it will compile OK but with a comment that I have compiled in free mode? Using omniscient code generation that is available in Pro mode? I am then referred to Microchip MPLABX Compilers for info?

Would be most grateful for any help or direction please.

Flowcode 7.2.0, with EB.006.00.9 programing board,

Stylo.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC 12F1572 Compiling problem “Unknown chip type in data

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Stylo,
I don't believe 12F1572 is supported by mLoader.
If you at page 4 of EB006 datasheet, it lists compatible mLoader devices:
mLoader.png
(111.74 KiB) Downloaded 2526 times
Martin
Martin

stylo

Post by stylo »

Hi Martin
Thanks for helping and sorry for the delay in getting back to you but other commitments get in the way.
I did not realise that although FC7 can produce the program, EB006v9 + m-Loader could not support it.
The question now is what to do next? Do I need a new “mLoader” file to be downloaded to my computer or is the problem also the EB006v9 board?
Your input would be most welcome.
Stylo.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Stylo,

The easiest way is to purchase a PICkit 3 programmer and this should allow you to program any unsupported chips via the EB006 board and the ICSP socket.

We do occasionally update mLoader with new devices but supporting all the new chips that come out is very much an uphill struggle and some chips appear to be simply not possible. Therefore we officially only support a fixed number of devices.

stylo

Post by stylo »

Hi Ben thanks for your input.
I think I am about to embark on a new learning curve!
I had assumed (Wrongly) that the list of chips printed in the FlowCode 7 data sheet pdf, Page 18, under “8bit devices” from the matrix web site could all be programed using “FC7”,plus “mLoader” and using your “EB006v9” programming board.
I assume that there is no update to mLoader or mod to the EB006v9 board or its software that would help.
(My immediate requirements in chips are PICs 12F1572 and 16F1507)
I have taken on board your recommendation regarding PicKit3 and will have to do some reading to ascertain which bits I need and how they all fit together before I purchase (any help or pointers on this or where to look would be appreciated)
Many thanks again to both of you for your inputs (We would be sunk without you)
Regards, Stylo.