Windows 10 and FC 7

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

Boomer

Windows 10 and FC 7

Post by Boomer »

I am using a Microsoft laptop, I have uploaded FC ver 7 and when I try to compile to chip nothing happens..

I am using an ecio base board with a ecio40p on board. this is connected via a 4 port usb extender. fed by PSU.

The program keeps popping up a screen saying insert chip or press the reset button.

Nothing happens.

Any ideas how to resolve this

Regards

Ian

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Windows 10 and FC 7

Post by Benj »

Hi Ian,

First please check you have the target device selected as the ECIO40P in the project options and not the 18Fxxxx device.

Secondly when prompted to press the reset button, press the reset button on the ECIO and the LED on the board should start flashing.

Thirdly you may need to install the USB driver if you haven't used an ECIO before. You can download the USB driver from here.
http://www.matrixtsl.com/resources/getresource.php?id=3

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Hi Beng,

Bit of History,
Used Flowcode since ver 3. Still using FC4 on my MAC with Win7, Now upgraded to FC7 on both the Mac and this very expensive Microsoft Laptop.

OK,
The Mac.(Win 7)
Uploaded FC7 and USB Drivers yesterday, had my project up and running in 10 Mins. Works as normal, great Stuff you guys have done in FC7

Now,
Microsoft Laptop (Yep the one that costs £2K) (Win10)

Loaded FC7 and USB Drivers, Connected the ECIO board with an ECIO40P on board. Connected that to a multi port adaptor and there to the only USB Port on this infernal Laptop. The PC gives me the ding(when you connect ECIO device) and then another ding, which implies its shutting it down. Like when you plug in and remove a memory stick.

Run FC7, Complied project to Hex first, then to Chip. It goes through most of the tecky stuff and then FC7 presents me with a pop up saying "insertchip or press the reset button" then it just says no "ECIO found" One thing i did notice is the LED on the ECIO board flashes until you press the reset button. but it has, I think already been turned off by Win10.

I believe this is Win10 causing this and not your wonderful programme. Have you had any similar issues with Win10. I have just reinstalled the drivers and will try again tonight.

Sorry to pester you.

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Could you try running mLoader and see if it manages to detect the ECIO when it is reset?

Related topic for info...
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 98&p=84923

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Tried MLoader

Same results, stopped windows signing, reloaded drivers but has made no difference.

I guess this is Microsoft playing big brother in how we use our PC's

Ian

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi

I had a similar problem with Windows 10 build 1709 using the Arduino UNO R3. Once the USB drivers were installed, I had to select the correct com port as shown here:
UNO R3 com Port.png
(34.8 KiB) Downloaded 2523 times
I have to select this com port every time I load FC7 to program the device.

Works great though.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I'm using the ECIO devices with Windows 10 with no problems apart from having to install the signed drivers from the website. The drivers on the product pages should be fine but here are some more you can try if you're having problems.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16552

If the driver wasn't signed then Windows 10 won't let you install it without putting it in signing disabled mode.

If mLoader not seeing it then might be worth trying the older ECIOprog software to see what that does,

http://www.matrixtsl.com/resources/getr ... .php?id=14
One thing i did notice is the LED on the ECIO board flashes until you press the reset button.
The LED will flash when the bootloader is active, if it flashes forever then the USB drivers are likely not installed correctly.

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi

Sorry, I think I did not understand your problem correctly. I had a USB driver problem a while back and had to manually get Windows 10 to install a USB driver that was signed, pre the UEFI rules that were enforced by Microsoft. This meant that no matter how you install the driver, it will be not be installed into the protect driver library. I produced a work-around to get the driver installed. Others using the same driver may not encounter this problem, provided they had continued to use the Windows 10 Upgrade root, as older drivers are carried across. New installs of Windows 10 will enforce the UEFI rules.

Its just a though, so if this is the problem, here is the work around:
Installing USB FC7 Drivers.pdf
(599.43 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
PS - ignore the serial driver and substitute for your driver you wish to install!
Regards
Dave

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing the file. Great to see how you have worked around the issue.

I have 2 new Windows 10 machines both built in the second half of this year (2017) and neither seem to have the problem you mention. The Matrix drivers have been installed on both with no drama. Maybe I got lucky or maybe it's since been dropped by Microsoft?