Supported PIC Processors.

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

KeithSloan

Supported PIC Processors.

Post by KeithSloan »

The data sheets for the programmer and development board give a list of supported processors. PPP seems to have a larger list. Is it safe to assume that if a processor is listed by PPP it is supported.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Yes the PICmicro devices listed in PPP are the current supported devices.

NickDA

Post by NickDA »

Hi,
I'd like to use the PIC16F687 in a project I am currently developing but it does not appear on any list of supported controllers in PPPV3 or eBlocks. I presume that this is due to the fact that it is a 20 pin device (that's also why I want to use it).
I have noticed that the pinout of this controller is the same, for the "top" 7 pins (1 to 7 and 14 to 20) as the PIC16F688, a 14 pin device supported by PPPV3. While it would obviously not be possible to get full functionality from the device, with 6 pins "hanging out the back", would it be possible to program the device? Aesthetically it would look horrible, but if it works....
If not, are there any plans to include this device in the future?
Best regards,
Nick

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

The latest version of PPPv3 supports the programming of this device. As you have noted, you will need to program it in the 14-pin socket.

whodhellknew

Post by whodhellknew »

Which device should I select if I want to program a PIC16F737?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

You should be able to select the 16F737 straight from PPP although you may have to switch to the expert mode to find it in the drop down list.

If not then try downloading and installing the latest version.