Flowcode Usb examples

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

karkamp

Flowcode Usb examples

Post by karkamp »

Hello there Im looking for the examples of Flowcode USB but it appears that the web page doesnt work anymore.

Im trying to send some data to my ECIO40 in order to modify the frecuency of the clock. Soo... i will make an interface in Labview and I need to see some examples to guide me.

Also i want know which is better to use? USB HDI o USB SLAVE??

Hope someone help me

Regards!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode Usb examples

Post by Benj »

Hello

Which webpage is not working for you?

Which version of Flowcode are you using?

HID is a generic data interface that does not require a driver, you do have to mess about with a HID descriptor though.

USB Slave is a slave to the PC so everything it does is directly initialted by the PC. Eg it cannot send data without the PC first requesting it.

karkamp

Post by karkamp »

Hi Ben! well the page that doesnt work is http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/FlowcodeUSBPack.php but it doesnt matter anymore we have found the examples in the installation cd of the Flowcode V4.

We (my team and I) are trying to make a software that can control the frequency of a turned on LED. Our main problem is that we are taking the USB Slave Example of Labview as interface of communication but it seems that it cant or doesnt send the bytes property. We have created a program that can change the frecuency via a potentiometer connected to the ADC,basing on that we are trying to change it in order to change the interface to Labview.

The program basically have to do that when the user want to change the frequency of the LED he can write in "Command"(USB Slave Example Labview) a number of 0 to 255 (the lenght of a byte) that number is supposed to keep on a variable and it divides the frecuency in order to get lower o greater the frecuency. I forgot to tell that the frecuency of the LED is managed by the TIMER1, so we dont know is there a problem with this interruption and the USB communication.

We have trying with USB Slave and USB Serial but it seems that they dont work for us or at least we can make it to work properly.

Well I think thats it, Hope any suggestion or help.

Regards!
Have a nice day!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Ok I have modded the slave 3-byte example so it will control a LED via PWM.

Basically all you have to do is to send the first byte as 0 (LED0 PWM Update command) and the second byte as the LED PWM value.
Attachments
USB Slave Demo 3-Byte.fcf
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 803 times