Flash Memory Not Verified (2 EB006's, 2 PICs, and 2 PCs)

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Brendan

Flash Memory Not Verified (2 EB006's, 2 PICs, and 2 PCs)

Post by Brendan »

Dear collective...

I have a persistent issue trying to program the PIC18F26K22, having tried two separate 'EB006-00-8 boards' (one used/proven, the other new/unused), two separate new PICs (to rule out possible device fault), and two separate PC's running Win7(64), in various combinations. This includes powering/driving from USB2, USB3, and when the EB006 is powered by 12V PSU.

The device doesn't appear to program as I'm not getting any activity, though using the ICD3 to program Flowcode's HEX image into an on-board device programs fine. At the end of the programming sequence I always get the message... "Flash memory not verified - May be due to code protect", though all code protection is switched off.

Perhaps this is an issue in code-land?

I'd be very grateful if anyone has had similar experiences and/or could shed any light.

Many thanks as always,
Brendan

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flash Memory Not Verified (2 EB006's, 2 PICs, and 2 PCs)

Post by Benj »

Hello Brendan,

We tried for a long time to support the K22 devices with the EB006 but in the end we simply could not get them to behave and so they are not officially supported by the board.

You should be able to program the chips on the board using a PICkit3 connected to the ICSP socket and switching the USB/ICSP jumper to the ICSP position.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thank you Ben.

Well, at-least you've broken my endless loop !

I have an ICD3, though is this established/proven for ICD, or would it be wiser to go with an ICD2 for use as both programmer and in-circuit development?

Alternatively, once programmed, would FlowKit with the K22 device suffer the same gotcha's ?

With thanks and best regards,

Brendan

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Just to update this thread, the latest version of mLoader (included in the January release of Flowcode 6) now supports the K22 series of devices.

Kind regards,
Steve.